after that amazing mayan bake for dinner, we decided to make up a batch of what has become our favorite “ice cream.” this is a recipe that i got from my friend chelsea at one of my wedding showers. you can make it without an ice-cream maker, but it’s lots easier with it. it’s so easy to make, with only 4 ingredients, that the total time from the initial craving to the eating of it is only about 30 minutes.
- 1 can coconut milk (Thai Kitchen brand is best for consistency)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small bowl, put the cocoa powder, agave, and vanilla. Whisk in the can of coconut milk.
- Pour all ingredients into an automated ice cream maker. Turn it on. Wait 20 minutes.
- Eat immediately. It doesn’t seem to be as great after it’s been in the freezer a while (too hard).
- Options: you can also stir in mini chocolate chips or frozen blueberries mid-way through the freezing time!